Monday, August 17, 2026

8/17 - Things I regret buying as a gal

 Trying to be more mindful of my purchases and I thought I would go through and type out some various types of purchases of things I've regretted buying. This way I can look back on it and truly think about my purchase history and stop myself before buying it again. I'm also just trying not to doom scroll on my phone so I figured just typing out my thoughts here would be good!

  • + Items for a one time look - I always want to wear something new and unique to fun events, in a way I think it's to show up and beat my previous look, but honestly... what's wrong with a repeat... or changing it up in a fun way! But I've made many purchases that were a one time wear and I've looked at the item and said... wow I really have nowhere else to wear this now huh! A lot of this is the more glitzy old school kyaba dresses. My modern day kyaba dresses I can get away with wearing out more I think, but the frilly homecoming ones... its just more difficult!
  • + Kiss Lash Glue - I don't know why, I can never go back to this since I used dollywink. It just never works right for me, my lashes will be falling off within an hour or two sometimes.
  • + Heroine mascara and eyeliner - This might be controversial, but I just am not a fan. With the mascara, you really need to either scrub with an oil based cleanser or have the specific mascara remover. The liner also dries out super fast and it is hard to apply, even with the brush tip applicator which is my usual go to for liners. Very disappointing. Branding is very cute but agh.... 
  • +Old pleather items. These peel so fast it's disappointing for real.
  • +The same thing in another color - WHY BRENNA............ JUST PICK ONE COLOR...... I've started forcing myself to have one kyaba dress in each color (the only exceptions are blue and pink... I have 3 of each I fear). And if I like a style of dress, why get it in the same color? Just pick the color that works best.
  • +Things other gals tell me I need. I'm starting to stop myself before listening to other gals because... am I buying the item to impress other gals? Or am I buying it because I really want it myself? There's been a massive push from gals and like... yes get your bag but I have to stop myself before being influenced I fear.
  • +Purple lenses - They just don't fucking work on my blue eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I want a natural lens I gotta just go with blue!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment