Thursday, December 12, 2024

Detailing the Closet: Part 1 - My most cherished pieces

 Happy Thursday!! Today has been a very off dayfor me, but I want to keep trying to blog to give myself something to do in the evenings when I don't have plans. I was kind of hoping I was going to be able to blog about a purchase I made earlier this month, but that hasn't come in yet! (Nor... do I know if it ever will lmao 😅)

But, instead of doing my typical thursday night window shopping, I thought I'd take some time to appreciate some of the items I already have! I have a lot of items in my closet, so I figured I'd start with documenting them a bit at a time. 

Today's items all have one thing in common: they're my most cherished pieces! These are in no specific order, I have a deep love for all of them! 


First, we have this BEAUTIFUL MA*RS dress. I got this back in 2022, during my searching, I had saw someone list this on Fril/Rakuma for a... bit pricier than other MA*RS items at the time. But I was really drawn to it. The fur trim, the huuuuge bow, and the length of the dress all just called out to me. I know there is a pink version, but in second hand gyaru buying, I know that's pretty rare these days. I was so happy when I got it, and I think this dress honestly started waking up the idea that I want to dress like a glamourous gal more often.



This was a SHOCKING find. I had yet to see a listing for this piece before I found it. I actually found this for sale on bunjang, which was a website I was semi-familiar with as I had used it before. This is one of the dream dream dream items of mine.

I LOVE THE HEART PATTERNS... But the typically shared nightgown camisole just would not work for my chest (I have a nightgown camisole in another print and I still suffer with making it look right). I really like there is an option in a similar-esque print but in a different silhouette. I definitely am keeping my eyes out for other dresses with something similar in silhouette as I really like it.


 I actually sat on the idea of buying this Alba Rosa coat for a year. Actually, I had been keeping my eyes out on a separate listing since about January of 2023, slowly watching the price go down. Around Late Autumn 2023, the seller shot the price right back up, and then I had saw someone had bought it, and I was devastated. This colorway is my favorite of the Alba Rosa coats, and I had already owned a black and white version, and I really just loved the feeling of the coat. I ended up finding another seller who had listed theirs for a similar price, and I decided this was my 2023 christmas gift. It was overly expensive, extremely expensive. Like my week long trip to Ireland, including flight, hotel, food+drink, and activities, was about the same price I paid for this coat. I'm pretty sure my sibling's venue for their renn faire wedding cost less than this coat. But god, do I LOVE THIS DAMN COAT. I've gotten so many compliments from random folks while wearing it. I will probably never buy another Alba Rosa coat again because this one is my ride or die. 

This setup from MA*RS is super special to me because it was one of the first setups I bought for myself! I Really enjoy the heart jewel chain pattern, and I really want to work on styling this set more. I  actually saw a post on instagram of Himena in this setup!! And I need to go find it and save to try and recreate it/use it as inspiration. I also have a matching coat to wear when it gets cold in the winter. It's just such a good setup, and a good print!

And to wrap up this first part of the closet, is my dream dream dream dream dREAM DREAM setup. This actually consists of 3 pieces. I bought the jacket for pretty cheap early on, and then tried buying this setup back in 2022 and it fell through. I found someone who was selling the top and skirt, and I got them as a birthday gift to myself, and I love to wear these pieces out. If it's too cold, I'll just wear the top and jacket with some nice jeans!! This plaid pattern is supreme and I would love to collect more pieces in this print. I think there's at least 1-2 other tops and 1 other skirt out there. There's also another jacket, but it's not that different so I'm not too into finding it.

Ok! That's the first part of the closet! I won't make promises of how often I'll post these. But I hope you enjoyed!! 😆 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Updated 9/22 - A Growing document where I talk about daily lenses I've ordered from pushcolor

In order for me to get back into blogging and pass the time and also to just give my thoughts on various lenses, I wanted to go ahead and ju...