Monday, January 6, 2025

1/6 - Florals in winter?!

Hi everyone!! Happy Monday!! I am supposed to be going to bingo right now, but I actually caught something at the sunday bingo event so I am sick again... 😓I've been getting sick a lot this winter, and it's not fun. I definitely have not been dressing the best for winter this year, so that's probably why I keep getting sick!!

Which is kind of funny about today's post!! I definitely did not dress for winter for Sunday Bingo! To my defense, we weren't outside for very long (just walking to and from the car). This is going to be a bit more of a detailed thought process into this co*de from start to finish, but first, I'll share pictures of the outfit!!


Setup: MA*RS *
Hat: Michaels with some DIY aspects **
Necklace: Thrifted with some DIY aspects **
Socks: Target
Shoes: Mon Lily *
Wig: Amazon

* = Thrifted from Mercari JP / Fril
** = Keep reading for some details on these :)


Also appreciation for the make 😇 I bought some gel liners to use!! I was struggling with bottom lashes again, so just ended up not using them.


This is exciting!! I get to talk about how the whole co*de came together!! It all started with trying to get some Spring inspiration, so my first place I go to is my Koakuma Ageha 2011 mags. I found this spread of Himena Ousaki in different outfits, and was just suuuuper drawn to the outfit in the middle.
 

Like, I dreamt about this outfit. I was desperate for it. I ended up doing some digging on mercari JP and found a listing for the top and the skirt that was about close to retail price, and just decided to grab it. MA*RS pieces are just, so expensive these days, so finding pieces for even just what MA*RS would sell them for is like, heaven. I was super happy when it came in and it fit!! 

The next step was coordinating pieces to get it to match. My biggest concern was I didn't really have a lot of accessories to match the vibe of the florals, so I went to JOANN and Michaels for ribbon and flowers. I'm not sure how it is for everyone else, but my Michaels had such a better selection of items vs JOANN, which is crazy because this time last year it was JOANN that had everything and Michaels was barren. I got... so many flowers. Like I have to make a bajillion more accessories now. I am still very new with bow making but with a hot glue gun, I was able to make it work!!


I first played around with some hairbows that I ended up not wearing with this co*de, but then moved onto making the hat. I ended up seam ripping a row off the brim of the hat (yeah... didn't realize I'd be doing that in 2025). It was a struggle to try and thrift a boater hat in January... it probably won't be possible until springtime, so my only local option was Michaels. I also made a ribbon and attached it to a necklace on Sunday since I was so confused on jewelry. It was a fun challenge to try and get all of the pinks to match up, but I think I did pretty well!! 😊

With shoes, that was hard. I didn't want to do bare legs since it was cold, but my white fleece lined tights also felt wrong color coordinating. I'm glad I picked these socks up at target yesterday so I could use them! And then ... ugh the pink shoes... having things in so many shades and tones of pink makes it frustrating to coordinate well!!! But I think it was close enough.

And with hair, you may have noticed my roots have grown in heavily! I typically bleach my own hair, but with the old porcelain in our home, I've been putting it off until I can schedule time at one of my vacations to do it! So, I went with my blonde wig I've been wearing a few times, and I realized I really love the color. The wig is super shiny, but ah well... it looks nice to me!


Aaaand that's the co*de process!! You may be wondering, how was bingo? I won no money. The event hall in my town is pretty popular, so it's not easy to win bingo against 100+ people compared to monday nights where it's about 20-30 people a night! 

I got lots of compliments on my co*de though!! I think when it comes to wearing alt fashion, it can be kind of scary, but just going in with a positive attitude is always good, even if people make weird comments, if you respond in a confident way that usually helps ease the tension. Yesterday when I went to the bathroom a staff member loudly yelled "are you dolly parton? is this a costume?" and I just went "It's just an outfit for the day!" and she was like "Oh ok nice!!!" I could've been angry about it but sometimes people just don't get it or have good intentions in their questions.

Anyways, I am still sick, and I am going to lie down now!! Have a great day everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Updated 9/22 - A Growing document where I talk about daily lenses I've ordered from pushcolor

In order for me to get back into blogging and pass the time and also to just give my thoughts on various lenses, I wanted to go ahead and ju...