Sunday, March 8, 2026

3/8 - The bit continues

I posted back in January about "doing it for the bit" and I feel like it's appropriate to give an update on how that's going:

Table games dealer bit: Yeah that's actually happening. I went though the class, passed my audition, got my license... it's happening. It's exciting! So for 2026 a lot of my time will be going into juggling two jobs... very exciting. I've learned a lot of new skills and I'm very excited to see where this ends up. I'm really happy with myself for pushing for a new change in life. I won't be posting a lot of details but just know I did it!! I start later this month :)

Returning to a dumbphone/use computer more: This is still in the starting phase as the phone itself is still on preorder status, but there's been a few changes I've already started with. The first is using my computer to blog, watch videos, and play games from time to time. I also am trying to play older pokemon games and rom hacks to replace phone doom scrolling. I found out there's like... cartridges of rom hacks... very fun. I ended up buying a nintendo ds to play them on for the backlit screen, and so I'll probably also look into getting some old GBA and ds games too :) I can't afford a new nintendo switch 2 nor do I enjoy the idea of owning a "key to play the game" vs owning the game itself. I've noticed when I play my DS in bed im more likely to fall asleep faster vs playing on my phone.

Communication: I haven't been blogging much, but I've been trying to actually focus on one and one communication with friends when I can. I'm still not great at this lol.

Remodel my bedroom / Organize the apartment: I convinced my friend to put the TV in the art room up. One step closer to using it as a sewing room.


It's not the biggest steps, but even a small step makes me happy... yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Updated 9/22 - A Growing document where I talk about daily lenses I've ordered from pushcolor

In order for me to get back into blogging and pass the time and also to just give my thoughts on various lenses, I wanted to go ahead and ju...