Friday, November 14, 2025

11/14 - Cupcake Forme at a Comic Con

Wow I accidentally published the blog on 11/11 WHOOPS!!!! I finished writing it on 11/14 but no one really reads unless I post on my story lol!

 Today is a short little blog while I talk about my first attempt at a lolita coordinate in like....... 11 years !!

So, this past weekend was Rhode Island Comic Con; even though I live very close to it, after 2023, I decided to swear off the con as it was just TOO MUCH!!!!! It's very crowded. 
However... my friend Teddy asked if I wanted to come for a day, and I was like sure why not! EJ was originally going to come too as Data, and I was going to be a ... very youthful Picard.  However, EJ could not make it so I was like... no point in being Picard!

I was struggling on what to wear, I own a lot of costumes, but due to the con layout and congestion issues, I didn't really want to wear a costume that would be big, bulky, or uncomfortable.  So that basically took like... all the options I had off the table. I did keep looking at my squirrel party JSK and thinking "should I do an ita-esque lolita coord". And I gave in and decided to.

For some context, about 11 years ago I got my first ever lolita dress, a pink squirrel party OP!! I really never had a chance to give it justice as I was only wearing it at home, and once for halloween. I ended up giving the dress to a friend who wore j-fashion more than I did, but I always ended up regretting it as if I had it now, I'd still wear it.


This past year at some cons I've noticed some booths selling older bodyline JSKs, but not in the colorways I wanted (though... kind of looking for a black one eventually LOL!) I was doing a lot of serarching second hand, and a few weeks ago, I got myself a blue squirrel party JSK! I had to get it all the way from Korea LMFAO! 

The true challenge was figuring out how to style it. I actually have an order from a lolita reselling site (Yes I could've done taobao for all the pieces but the middle man aspect was really nice), and I got some shoes, blouse, new petticoat, etc.). The issue is I lumped them all in with some pre-orders, so none of it is coming until probably January!! I also have a blouse coming this thursday... but none in time for the con. I decided if I found a cheap blouse at savers, I'd do an "ita" coordinate. I know that this coordinate really isn't all to like... go crazy about LOL! 


Some thoughts on my styling:

  • I didn't realize how much poof a proper petticoat needs. I actually am wearing my 11 year old petticoat from the first time I was wearing my dress and then I ended up using my Vina of the Valley Super Poofy Dress as additional petticoat... like a LOT of Poof.
  • Hate the lower half. I originally was going to use my fleece lined tights but I could not find them to save me.  The shoes were just ones that sooort of worked and I got them at savers. It turns out the pink in this dress is more purple toned than pastel pink so it's like... not perfect... but I think the overpowering blue sooort of helped.
  • I didn't accessorize a lot and relied on my prisilas and make to add a bit more **ooomph** to the look. It worked a little I think, but I would like to play around with more accessories in the future. 
  • The blouse was OK for a last minute purchase. I actually bought it at savers because neither blouse I ordered showed up in time LMFAO!!!! 
  • Put on nails. Lost half of them. One of them ended up on the sweet lolita I met and they returned it to my later. Bless them... Ya girl will figure out pressons one day.


Make was cute though! I realized I hadn't been tanning and I was like AAGHHHH!!!

Overall the comic con was crowded but I still had fun!! Some highlights were 1) meeting this fellow diva in SUUUCH a cuute coord and we realized our shoes matched!! Their dress was also so cute and I'm like SOOO tempted to find one myself!! We talked a lot abt where we got our stuff and took a cute picture and AGH!!!!! Love fashion divas!!!



Also Day and I found each other and were like ???? and realized it makes sense as we are like... 2 of the 4 RI gyaru to exist to my knowledge. One day the RI gyaru will have a meetup!! But it was so good to run into them!!!! 


And then my con group and I found some lunch, sat and ate, and then I tried getting in line to meet Rainn Wilson and there were like 100 people in line so I just went to the mall and karaoke later LOL!!! We also were going to try and meet Don Bluth who we found out cancelled, but it was ok! I think overall it was fun. Maybe if I go for a day again I'd do either Friday or Sunday, Saturdays are just a lot!!


Ok!!!! bye bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Updated 9/22 - A Growing document where I talk about daily lenses I've ordered from pushcolor

In order for me to get back into blogging and pass the time and also to just give my thoughts on various lenses, I wanted to go ahead and ju...